Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
Due to COVID-19, the governor has ordered that all local Boards of Election mail an absentee ballot application to all voters who are eligible to vote in the June 23rd Primary. This application is valid only for the June Primary.
* unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day;
* unable to appear at the polls due to temporary illness or phyiscal disability;
(COVID-19 concerns is a valid reason to check this for the June primary)
* unable to appear at the polls due to permantant illness or phyiscal disability;
* duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled;
* a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital;
* detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
You can download a PDF version of an Absentee Ballot Application complete the form and mail it to the Chemung County Board of Elections. Applications must be mailed no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election.
IMPORTANT: Please provide all information to us under Sections 1 through 8. Under Section 2, if you do not specify which election(s) you are requesting, then please provide the dates that you will be absent. If all the information is not filled in, we will not be able to process the application and therefore, you will not receive an absentee ballot.
There are instructions on the back of the application. If you have any questions, then please call our office and we will be glad to help you.
Click here to download the New York Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot Application (only to be used for the June 23rd primary)
Click here to check the status of your absentee ballot online.
To download an application to vote by absentee ballot for Federal (US Citizens residing outside of the US) or Military voters click here.