The Chemung County Planning Department provides planning coordination and research services required by the County Executive, the County Legislature, other County departments, and local units of government within the county. The Department provides the following primary services:
- Review of municipal land use and planning matters referred to the Chemung County Planning Board
- Economic and community development planning services
- Assistance in grants solicitation, environmental review, and intergovernmental coordination
- Transportation planning services
- Dissemination of Census data, labor and employment information, and maps documenting population characteristics, land features, and development patterns
- Assistance to property owners in obtaining property flood hazard determinations required for real property sale and financing transactions under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Please note that the March 25, 2020 Chemung County Planning Board meeting will be a conference call. Refer to the agenda on this page for call-in information.