Due to statewide restrictions on public gatherings, and to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, the Hazlett Building at
203 Lake Street, Elmira, NY is OPEN to the General Public by appointment only until further notice.
- Bids can be dropped off at the Reception Desk on the Second Floor of the Hazlett building or there is a County Drop Box located out front of the Hazlett Building that will be checked daily.
- Bid openings will be videotaped via Webex and posted to the Purchasing website under Audio Recordings.
- Please contact the purchasing department at Purchasing@chemungcountyny.gov or 607-737-3577 if you need further assistance.
The Chemung County ~ City of Elmira Purchasing Department will be broadcasting bid openings publicly via Webex until further notice.
Below is information to call into Webex:
- Phone 1-415-655-0002
- Meeting Number - 717 533 452
- Link to join via PC: https://chemung.webex.com/chemung/j.php?MTID=m0c0738fb3e57372c89e0b10067a65c63
6/5/2020 – RFB-2219 Rehabilitation of the Terminal Apron (East)
- Phone 1-415-655-0002
- Meeting Number - 356 254 990
- Link to join via PC: https://chemung.webex.com/chemung/j.php?MTID=mb92a3ad3e1c6313204b326b95b8ae25c
To Listen to Archived Recordings –
Scroll down to Bid Audio Recordings, available here
Find bid opening number and click Play to play recording.
Please notify the Chemung County Purchasing Department if you are having any issues with live/recorded videos at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT'S HERE! Effective September 1, 2018 the Chemung County Purchasing Department will be accepting bids submitted electronically by way of BidNet Direct.
Please note that bidders are NOT required to submit a bid electronically.
Bidders will still have the option of submitting a hard copy bid directly to the Chemung County Purchasing Office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Chemung County Purchasing Department.
The Purchasing Department acts on behalf of the public to consistently provide quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost to Chemung County and the City of Elmira. We work to uphold efficiency, transparency, and integrity in the purchasing process.
The Purchasing Department solicits bids and requests for proposals for equipment, materials, contracts, and professional services for County and City Departments. The Department also manages the County Central Store Facility which is responsible for the following:
• maintaining office supplies for all County and City Departments
• maintaining equipment inventory
• disposition of surplus equipment through public auction
• administering the County mail system
The Purchasing Department is a shared services department between Chemung County and the City of Elmira.
Mailing Address: Physical Address:
PO Box 588 John H Hazlett Building
Elmira, NY 14902 203 Lake St, 2nd Floor
Elmira, NY 14901
Phone: (607) 737-3577
Fax: (607) 737-2073
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Closed Daily 12:00-1:00
Purchasing Coordinator: Tricia Wise
Purchasing Assistant: Jackie Crowley- County Purchases and Bids
Memberships: NYSampo and NIGP