Commissioner of Planning
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING MEMBERSHIP IN THE NYS EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
COMPENSATION COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
· Prepares applications for Federal or State funding of economic development, public facilities improvements and governmental service-sharing projects;
· Conducts and/or coordinates environmental and fiscal impact analyses, land development project reviews and comparable research tasks delegated by the County Executive;
· Prepares and presents background information and action recommendations to the County Legislature, the County Planning Board, the ECTC’s Planning and Policy Committees and other project oversight bodies;
· Represents the County Executive and/or the County Planning Board in cooperative programs with other public bodies and organizations, and serves as the Planning Section officer in the County’s Incident Command System during area wide emergency events.
· Responsible for achieving voting consensus among ECTC local elected leaders (County Executive, Elmira City Mayor, etc.) to determine which transportation projects and studies are to be Federally and State funded.
· Prepares and administers the ECTC’s annual Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP);
· Coordinates and develops, with NYSDOT regional staff, the five year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Chemung County which authorizes and programs Federally-funded transportation capital projects and public transit operation within Chemung County
· Develops and implements the ECTC’s 20 year long range transportation plan for Chemung County every five years;
· Supervises the Planning Department’s and the ECTC’s professional and clerical employees and periodically oversees contractual consultants for special projects;
· Develops and manages the Planning Department’s and the ECTC’s annual operating budget by authorizing all departmental purchases and expenditures;
· Maintains all vital departmental records;
· Provides in-service training for the Planning Department and ECTC employees and provides annual training opportunities for members of the County Planning Board and for local zoning, planning and governing board members.
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, or a field closely related to urban or regional planning and six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience in municipal, community, transportation or regional planning work, of which four (4) years must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration or a field closely related to urban or regional planning and seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in municipal, community, transportation or regional planning work, of which four (4) years must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Competitive examination is not required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,958.00 - $111,875.00 per year
See full document here
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled