February 18, 2021
Chemung County Job Opportunity
Supervisor of Fiscal Services-Sewer District
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING MEMBERSHIP IN THE NYS EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
COMPENSATION COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
This position involves responsibility for the management of all accounting, reimbursement and internal data processing operations of the department and performance of related work as required. The work involves responsibility for independently directing staff engaged in performing record keeping, auditing and related tasks, requiring planning, organizing, systematizing and supervision. The work is performed under administrative direction of the Executive Director of the Sewer District and County Treasurer and involves formulating the accounting and fiscal policy of the department. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here.)
- Preparation of various fiscal, statistical and funding application reports to various governmental agencies and internal users;
- Supervision and training of all accounting staff;
- Preparation of grant applications, interpretation and implementation of reimbursement regulations of State, Federal and private agencies;
- Assists Executive Director and Managers with administration, supervision, and discipline of personnel issues in the entire department;
- Assists in the review and approval of Construction Contractor and Engineering service payment claims and documents, including review of supplemental information on contractor workforce EEO goals and MWBE requirements of state and federal loan and grant programs, maintains appropriate records of same to enable reimbursement;
- Oversight of all accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, claiming and reporting;
- Assists with the procurement of, and helps expedite purchasing of, specialty equipment and service necessary to keep sewer utility operations fully operational;
- Assists the Director in the preparation of route slips and intercounty reports and files on the administration and organization of the department;
- Assists with preparation of financial plans and budgets;
- Monitoring budget performance by analyses and assisting with development of strategies and plans to maximize financial performance. Apprises Department Managers with year-end forecasts and assists Managers throughout the year with performance versus budget reporting;
- Supervises the maintenance and posting of general ledger entries, cash management, and prepare related reports;
- Oversight of all reporting and schedules required for audit purposes;
- Works with Budget Director, County Executive, County Legislature, County Department Heads and staff, federal and state representatives, and other outside agencies as required toward stated project objectives.
- Administers numerous accounting, cash management/banking, state and federal government, and other data processing systems to maximize security, productivity and efficiency of financial operations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Either:
- A) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration or Accounting, plus two (2) years’ experience in the financial services field which must have included the use of complex accounting procedures and the preparation of fiscal reports; or
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting, plus four (4) years’ experience in the financial services field which must have included the use of complex accounting procedures and the preparation of fiscal reports; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined in (A) and (B).
The successful candidate will be required to compete in a civil service examination and must obtain a score that will result in eligibility for permanent appointment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,110 - $81,802 per year
See document here
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to:
Chemung County Sewer District Alexandra Rennie, Senior Wastewater Engineer
Mail: 600 Milton Street
Elmira, NY 14904
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled