Community Mental Health Fiscal Coordinator – One (1) temporary position in the Department of Social Services, Administrative Services Division. CSEA Grade 12 Entry Level Salary: Schedule B-1 $25.47/hr. and Schedule B-2 $22.27/hr.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position involves providing technical assistance to various agencies with regards to departmental policy, state requirements and regulations and fiscal reporting systems. Assists the Commissioner of Human Services and the Director of Administrative Services in the fiscal management of the Chemung County Department of Human Services and provider agencies in contract and claims management, fiscal reporting, and in the coordination and planning of services. Assists the Supervisor of Fiscal Services in claims management. The incumbent is subject to administrative supervision by the Commissioner of Human Services and the Director of Administrative Services, or their designee with wide leeway for the use of independent judgment. Supervision may be exercised over subordinate clerical employees. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here.)
- Prepares budgets, claims, statistical and other reports, contract development, quarterly and or/annual reports, ongoing modifications and adjustments as required by the County and various funding sources, e.g. Office of Mental Hygiene (OMH), Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA), and Office of Children Family Services (OCFS);
- Provides technical assistance to new and existing agencies relative to procedures, systems, and reporting requirements, including the Aid to Localities Fiscal System;
- Acts as liaison between state personnel and contract agencies to keep lines of communication open for problem-solving, interpretation of policies and submission of material pursuant to requests from state offices;
- Participates in the County Fiscal Officer’s group;
- Assists the Director(s) in the coordination and development of services within the Department and the correlation with other Departments in the County;
- Assists in the development and submission of all consolidated fiscal reports, claims, and other reports to OMH, OMRDD, OASAS, OTDA and OCFS;
- Oversees the daily fiscal operation of the Mental Health Department;
- Prepares, maintains and reconciles all accounts and schedules related to the Mental Health Department, including budgets, general ledger, bank accounts and other subsidiary accounts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Thorough knowledge of Federal, State and County policies with respect to funding for the Department of Mental Health; good knowledge of principles and practices of administration, including a knowledge of methods, systems, and procedures, budgeting, organization, reporting, collection and tabulations of raw data; good knowledge of modern methods of keeping and checking financial accounts and records; ability to get along well with others; alertness; high degree of accuracy; tact and courtesy; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics; OR
- Completion of a minimum of sixty (60) semester credit hours at a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university including and/or supplemented by 18 semester credit hours in accounting, business administration or economics and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time account keeping work experience which must have included maintaining or auditing double entry books of a business, including the general ledger, or in maintaining governmental agency books involving appropriation accounting and the preparation of budget and financial reports; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
- Submission to FBI fingerprinting
- Submission of new employee information through the E-Verify system to verify that the employee may be legally hired within the United States (USCIS Form I-9)
- Passing of a Physical and Drug screen
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO LIST FOR THIS POSITION. CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT. PERMANENT APPOINTMENT IS CONTINGENT ON PARTICIPATION IN THE NEXT EXAMINATION AND ATTAINING REACHABLE STATUS ON THE ELIGIBLE LIST.
THOSE INTERESTED MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED COUNTY APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO: AMY WAGNER, CHEMUNG COUNTY DSS, STAFF DEVELOPMENT OFFICE, PO BOX 588, ELMIRA, NY 14902-0588. (UNTIL FILLED)
see document here
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled