In an effort to promote positive youth development activities in Chemung County, the Chemung County Youth Bureau is offering grant funding for NEW programs up to a maximum of $1,500 per application.
These Youth Bureau grants are intended to assist local community based agencies and organizations, volunteer youth groups and not-for-profit organizations to create NEW programs/projects for the youth and families of Chemung County. A program/project should:
- Be one of three categories: recreational, educational or cultural enrichment
- Enhance the Developmental Asset base of our youth. Assets are positive experiences, opportunities, and personal qualities that all children and adolescents should possess to be responsible, successful and caring. (Please refer to the Search Institute's Forty Developmental Assets List that is a part of the grant application.)
Applications can be submitted online year round. If you have any questions, please call the Youth Bureau at 737-2907.
- Grant applications may only be submitted online.
- Grant applications can be submitted any time during the calendar year. You can expect to receive notification of your funding status within two to three weeks after submission.
- Program/project must take place between January 1st to December 31st of the current calendar year.
Eligible programs/projects must be NEW. Programs/projects that have already been conducted are NOT eligible for grant monies.
- Eligible programs/projects must be located in Chemung County and benefit Chemung County youth. Grants cannot be used to pay past debts, salaries, stipends, utilities, rent, major equipment (i.e. office equipment, lawn equipment) or make building/capital improvements.)
- This grant opportunity is only for Community-based/volunteer organizations. (This does not include Municipalities, Public or Private Schools) Community-based/private organizations applying for grant funding will need to provide a 501-C3 or IRS Letter stating Not-For-Profit status.
- The Chemung County Youth Bureau requests that any program/project that receives grant monies will identify the Youth Bureau (with logo) as a sponsoring agency on all newsletters, publications and media releases pertaining to the program/project.
- Grants will be disbursed upon the Youth Bureau receiving proof of program/project expenditures and the program's completion report.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.