To: Legislators, County Officials and News Media
Chemung County Legislature
Plan for Public Meetings During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Subject to modification as guidance and conditions change (current as of 10/2/2020)
- To remain in effect throughout duration of COVID-19 emergency affecting Chemung County, as declared by the Governor or County Executive
- Legislative Meetings will be conducted, closed to the public in-person access, adhering to the following guidelines:
- All meetings will be held in the Legislative Chamber area of the 5th
- Presence is limited to Legislators, legislative staff, and those invited by the Legislative Chairman or Clerk (including for all meetings the County Executive, Deputy County Executive, Budget Director, Director of Public Information, County Attorney, and all County elected and appointed Department Heads).
- All Legislators, legislative staff, and invitees will wear masks at all times, unless the Chairperson of the meeting deems 6-foot physical distancing achieved while seated, and announces that masks are not needed.
- Legislators and invitees are permitted to attend from other locations and participate via audio teleconference, which will be live broadcast and recorded.
- Hand sanitization, disinfectant and masks will be available.
- Restrooms will be cleaned before and after the meeting.
- Restrooms will have cleaning supplies and signs directing users to clean surfaces after each use.
- County officials will adhere to the “Reopening Safety Plan” on file with the Clerk of the Legislature.
- Entry into Hazlett Building (Public)
- [DELETED – all public attendance shall be remote]
- Physical Layout of 5th Floor Legislative Chamber
- Hand sanitation will be available at locations easily accessible to the public.
- Pedestrian traffic will be directed to travel “one way” around the Chamber.
- Seating will be limited to chairs that are spaced for social distancing.