The mission of the Chemung County Health Department is to "Promote and respond to our community’s health needs, demonstrate teamwork through open communication, support, respect, and accountability and provide efficient, courteous, professional service fairly and consistently."
We are located at 103 Washington St., Elmira, NY 14901. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or:
- Public Health Clinics: Call (607)737-2488
- Environmental Health: Call (607)737-2019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Located in the Peter A. Chalk Pavilion)
- Home Health Agency: Call (607)737-3563
- Nursing Facility: Call (607)737-2878
- Vital Records: Call (607)737-2018 (Located in the Peter A. Chalk Pavilion)
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC): Call (607)737-2039
- Cancer Services Program: Call (607)873-1500
- Southern Tier Tobacco Awareness Coalition: Call (607)737-2858
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/chemungcountyhealthdepartment
Click on the links below for more information.
The Chemung County Health Department (CCHD) reports that a resident has tested positive for monkeypox. The resident had a history of travel and is currently isolating at home. There is no risk to the general public at this time. You can read the press release here
For more information on monkeypox visit:
CDC Monkeypox resources: https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/index.html
NYSDOH Monkeypox resources: https://health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/zoonoses/monkeypox/