- Departments P - Y
- Public Works
- Stormwater / MS4 Information
Stormwater / MS4 Information
Chemung County Stormwater Public Outreach Campaign
The Chemung County Public Outreach Campaign for Stormwater is funded through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Water Quality Improvement Program grant. The commercials and brochures were developed to educate the public on how to prevent pollution to stormwater runoff.
Stormwater Management Design Manual
(August 2010) New York State DEC has updated the New York State Stormwater Management Design Manual. This manual is a key component of the Phase II State Pollution Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) general permit for stormwater runoff from construction activities. The Chemung County Stormwater Coalition strongly urges designers to begin using this updated version.
Purchase the New York State (NYS) Standards and Specifications for Erosion and Sediment Control (Blue Book) and or the NYS Stormwater Management Design Manual online at the Soil and Water Conservation Society website.
Did you know the U.S. loses 600 million tons of sediment each year. That is enough to cover more than 400 football fields per day to a depth of 1 foot.
- 2010 New York State Law Bans Sale of Phosphorus Containing Dishwasher Detergents (PDF)
- 2010 New York State Law Restricts Use of Phosphorus Fertilizer (PDF)
- 2014 Stormwater Coalition Educators Report (PDF)
- 2014 Stormwater Coalition Engineers Report (PDF)
- 2014 Stormwater Coalition Technician Report (PDF)
- 2017 Stream Data (PDF)
- Access to Records Policy (FOIL) (PDF)
- Dumpster Care (WMV)
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Application (PDF)
- How to Guide for Constructing a Rain Garden (PDF)
- Managing Stormwater at the Source (WMV)
- MS4 Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Acceptance Form (PDF)
- New York State December Regional Stormwater Contacts (PDF)
- Pollution Prevention at Home (WMV)
- Pollution Prevention at Work (WMV)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Review Checklist (PDF)
- Yard Waste (WMV)