- Councils, Commissions, Committees
- Transportation Council
Elmira-Chemung Transportation Council Overview
In December 1974, the Governor of New York designated the Elmira-Chemung Transportation Council (ECTC) as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Elmira Urbanized Area. MPOs serve urbanized areas with a population of 50,000 or more. The MPO's mission is to help build regional agreement on transportation investments and to balance highway, mass transit, and other needs, leading to equitable and cost-effective transportation outcomes. ECTC is responsible for the planning and programming of any transportation project that includes Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) or Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funding.
East Water Street Rejuvenation Project
Thank you to all who attended the East Waster Street Rejuvenation Project meeting on February 28th. Public participation is a critical piece in the planning process, and we are grateful to have received input from the community to consider when moving forward with the project.
If you were unable to attend the meeting, you can view the presentation at the link below. The audio is briefly muted at the beginning of the video, but it is unmuted at timestamp 01:08.
East Water Street Rejuvenation Project Public Meeting - Feb 28 2023
If you have any questions or feedback, please email the Commissioner of Public Works, Andy Avery, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Public Works at 607-737-5750.
Unified Planning Work Program
Draft 2023-2024 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
The Elmira-Chemung Council Transportation Council has prepared its Draft Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), known more commonly as the annual work program, for April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024. Click here to review the draft, if you have comments or questions please contact the ECTC by February 25, 2023, at 607-737-5510 or at email@example.com or in writing to Elmira Chemung Transportation Council, 400 East Church Street, Elmira, NY 14901.
The Unified Planning and Work Program (UPWP) describes planning work proposed for the Elmira-Chemung Transportation Council.
Long Range Transportation Plan
ECTC updates its 20-year long range transportation plan (LRTP) every five years. The LRTP provides an assessment of existing conditions, an overview of goals and objectives, and a list of projects that are to be implemented. The most recent LRTP, known as the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan, was completed in December of 2019.
Go to 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan
Transportation Improvement Program
Federal transportation law requires that a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), consistent with the ECTC Long Range Plan, be developed. The TIP contains the transportation projects proposed for funding under Title 23 (highways) and Title 49 (transit) of the U.S. code as well as all regionally significant transportation projects requiring an action by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) or the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
Go to 2022-2027 TIP Projects GIS Map Viewer
More transportation related resources are available in the Documents and Maps page
Go to Draft 2022 Coordinated Plan
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The next ECTC Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for May 18, 2023 at 1 pm. The meeting agenda, draft resolutions, and draft meeting minutes are available one week prior.
Go to February 23 Policy Committee Agenda
Go to December 6, 2023 Policy Meeting Minutes, previous meeting
ECTC Policy Committee Resolutions for February 23, 2023 Meeting
December 6, 2022 Approved Policy Resolutions
ECTC Policy Committee
- Christopher Moss, Chemung County Executive, Chair
- Robert Sweet, Empire State Development
- Brian Kelly, Regional Director, New York State Department of Transportation, Region 6
- Rodney Strange, Chemung County Legislature
- Daniel Mandell, Mayor, City of Elmira
- Chelsea Robertson, Southern Tier Central Regional Planning and Development Board
ECTC Planning Committee
- Andrew Avery, Public Works Commissioner, Chemung County/City of Elmira, Chair
- Kevin Meindl, Commissioner of Planning, Director of ECTC and C TRAN
- Adam Moore, General Manager, First Transit
- Robert Sweet, Empire State Development
- Carl Martel, Department of Public Works, Chemung County/City of Elmira
- Chelsea Robertson, Executive Director, Southern Tier Central Regional Planning and Development Board
- Todd Stauring, Acting Regional Planning and Program Manager, New York State Department of Transportation, Region 6
ECTC Central Staff
- Kevin Meindl, Director
- Michael Perry, Deputy Director
- Courtney Dunn, Transit Manager
- Courtney Taylor, GIS Transportation Analyst
- Liv Lovejoy, Transit Specialist