Due to statewide restrictions on public gatherings, and to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, the Hazlett Building at 203 Lake Street, Elmira, NY is OPEN to the General Public by appointment only until further notice.
- Bids can be dropped off at the Reception Desk on the Second Floor of the Hazlett building or there is a County Drop Box located out front of the Hazlett Building for delivery of small packages that will be checked daily.
- Bid openings will be videotaped via Webex and posted to the Chemung County Purchasing website under Audio Recordings.
- Please email the purchasing department or call at 607-737-3577 if you need further assistance.
The Chemung County ~ City of Elmira Purchasing Department will be broadcasting bid openings publicly via Webex until further notice. Please look at the open bids calendar for the bids and Webex links.
Listen to Archived Recordings
- Scroll down to Bid Audio Recordings on the right of the screen.
- Click on bid opening number in the Bid Recording Section to download the recording.
- Please email the Chemung County Purchasing Department if you are having any issues with live/recorded videos at email the purchasing department.
Chemung County Purchasing Department accepts bids submitted electronically by way of BidNet Direct.
Please note that bidders are not required to submit a bid electronically.
Bidders will still have the option of submitting a hard copy bid directly to the Chemung County Purchasing Office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Chemung County Purchasing Department.
The Purchasing Department acts on behalf of the public to consistently provide quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost to Chemung County and the City of Elmira. We work to uphold efficiency, transparency, and integrity in the purchasing process.
The Purchasing Department solicits bids and requests for proposals for equipment, materials, contracts, and professional services for County and City Departments.
The Purchasing Department is a shared services department between Chemung County and the City of Elmira.