|Office of the Executive|
County of Chemung
203 Lake Street
P.O. Box 588
Elmira, New York 14902
(607) 737-0351 FAX
|Christopher J. Moss|
| ||David J. Sheen|
Deputy County Executive
Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care will soon be distributing coupons at drive-thru distribution sites. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, Farmer Market coupons distribution will happen from the convenience of your vehicle. Please see the schedule below for a list of drive-thru locations. A Power of Attorney (POA) or Proxy with a completed, signed Statement of Eligibility by the eligible senior or POA may pick up coupons on behalf of the eligible senior.
Farmer Market coupon eligibility requirements are:
- New York State resident AND
- 60 years of age or older AND
- Monthly Income at or below 185% Federal Poverty Guidelines
1 person – $2,096/month
2 people – $2,823/month
3 people – $3,551/month
- Have not received a SFMNP coupon booklet from another location this year
Senior Farmer Market Coupons will be available on a first-come first-serve basis. We ask that everyone remain in their cars.
The tentative, Drive-Thru distribution schedule* is:
- Tuesday, July 12th , New Beginnings UMC 300 East Miller Street, Elmira - 9:30-11:30 am (New Beginnings will also be distributing food at this event – on a first come first serve basis)
- Thursday, July 14th , Faith Temple Church 765 Harper Street, Elmira - 9:30-11:30 am
- Wednesday, July 20th , Chemung County Fairgrounds Fairview Road, Horseheads - 9:30-11:30 am
We will also offer walk-up options at the following locations:
- Tuesday, July 12th Eastside Farmer Market- 301-311 Maple Avenue, Elmira - 3:00-4:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 19th , Eastside Farmer Market- 301-311 Maple Avenue, Elmira - 3:00-4:30 pm
- Thursday, July 21st , Wisner Farmer Market Wisner Park, Elmira - 10:00-2:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 26th , EOP 650 Baldwin Street, Elmira - 9:00-11:00 am
- Tuesday, July 26th , Van Etten Town Board 6 Gee Street, Van Etten - 2:00-3:30 pm
- Thursday, July 28th , Wisner Farmer Market Wisner Park, Elmira - 10:00-2:00 pm
The Senior Market Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is a program headed by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets in collaboration with the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Office for the Aging, and Cornell Cooperative Extension. The purpose of the program is to promote local farmers by expanding their sales at farmers’ markets and farm stands and to foster healthy communities through the consumption of locally grown, fresh fruits and vegetables. Coupons will be provided to all who meet age and income requirements while supplies last. Each booklet contains five coupons worth $5 each ($25 total) which can be used to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at participating farmer’s markets throughout New York State.
For more information please call 607-737-5520
*The schedule is subject to change based upon coupon availability.