What should I do if my sewer backs up?

The first thing to do is call a plumber. Most blockages are found to be in the lateral which is the owner's responsibility to have cleaned and repaired if necessary. The owner is responsible for the lateral from their house to the main in the street. If the plumber finds the blockage is in the sewer main, your plumber should contact us at 607-737-6223, so we can discuss the issue with him and check the sewer main. This number is monitored after regular business hours as well.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if my sewer backs up?
2. Where do I pay my bill?
3. Do you accept waste from RVs?
4. Where does the wastewater come from?
5. What happens to the wastewater after you treat it?
6. How clean is the treated wastewater?
7. Do you give tours of the wastewater plant?
8. How much wastewater is treated in a day?