John C. Pastrick - Vice Chairman
District 1 (Towns of Catlin, Veteran, & Village of Millport)
- Member, Corrections & Law Enforcement
- Chair, Highway
- Member, Personnel
580 Backer Road
Beaver Dams, NY 14812
“Mike” Pastrick was first elected to the Legislature for a 4-year term beginning January 1, 2003. On April 23, 2012, his peers elected him to serve as their Vice Chairman. He was a Lieutenant when he retired from the Chemung County Sheriff’s Office, where he was the County’s first STOP-DWI officer.
Mike chairs the Highway Committee and serves on the Corrections & Law Enforcement and Personnel Committees. He wants to keep taxes as low as possible while still providing quality services and fighting for Medicaid reform.
Not one to shy away from public service or helping folks in need, Mike has served on the boards of many community organizations:
- Inter-County Association of Western New York (Resolutions Chairman)
- Catlin Republican Committee
- Catlin Town Board & Catlin Zoning Board of Appeals
- American Legion Post 442
- Chemung County Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors
- Chemung County Agricultural & Farmland Protection Board
- NYS DEC Region 8 Fish & Wildlife Board
- Congregate meal site volunteer – Town of Big Flats
Mike is a graduate of Elmira College where he earned a Bachelors Degree in Human Services. A veteran of the U.S. Army (and Army Reserves, Sergeant First Class), Mike is the father of two grown children. He and his lovely wife, Becky, reside in the Town of Catlin.