Rodney J. Strange - Majority Leader
District 15 (Towns of Ashland, Elmira, Southport & Village of Wellsburg)
- Chemung County Industrial Development Agency, Board Member
- Chemung County Human Relations Commission, Board Member
- Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care Advisory Board
- Highway (Chairman)
- Corrections & Law Enforcement
386 Raecrest Circle
Elmira, NY 14904
Rodney Strange was first elected to the Legislature for a 4-year term beginning January 1, 2011. Rodney currently serves on the Budget, Corrections and Law Enforcement, and Highway Legislative Committees. Prior to his election to the Chemung County Legislature, Rodney was elected to the Elmira School Board, serving from 1991-1998 and again in 2007 until 2010. He served as Board of Education President in 2008-2009.
Currently, Rodney is the Chairman of the Chemung County Republican Committee, Regional Vice Chair of the New York Republican State Committee, a State Committeeman and serves on the Executive Board.
Rodney is involved in community activities and serves on a number of Boards, including:
- Chemung County Transit Board
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Board of Directors
- Chairman, Supervisory Committee, Solutions Federal Credit Union.
Rodney is a graduate of Southside High School. He and his wife, Kathi, reside in the Town of Southport. For more information visit his website at www.RODNEYJSTRANGE.com