Law Enforcement Agencies
For more than 2 decades, the County IT has provided technical support for all the Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the County. This support is offered on behalf of the County Fire and Emergency Management Office and the IT Department does not charge back any costs to the agencies or to the Fire and Emergency Management Office. Services include but are not limited to:
- Hosting of all Law Enforcement virtual servers and storage within the County’s 2 Data Centers. Server security.
- Operating system and application patches and upgrades.
- Create Active Directory user accounts for securing access to the server.
- Training accessors on how to connect to the network and login.
- Configuring connectivity to the County network either by Ethernet (copper), fiber or Virtual Private Network (VPN) over the internet.
- Troubleshoot connectivity and application issues.
- Support and troubleshooting of centralized Records Management System (RMS) that is shared by all agencies.
- Support and troubleshooting of integration between Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and RMS system.
- Configuration, installation and support for Mobile Data Terminals (MDT’s) in patrol cars.
- Centralized support for security cameras located throughout the County (not including Jail cameras).
- The County has developed a computer replacement plan and replaces equipment based on that plan.
Non-County agencies currently benefiting from this service:
- Elmira Heights Police Department
- Town of Elmira PD
- City of Elmira PD
- Village of Horseheads PD
Communications and sharing data has been an invaluable tool to the County’s Law Enforcement Agencies.