Horseheads, NY 14845
- Chemung St. in Hhds., (behind Grand Central Plaza)
- Turn onto Blostein Blvd.
- Drive Past Cameron Mfg.
- Compost site is on the right
The facility is open every year from the 3rd week of April through November (weather permitting)
- Tuesday 9 am - 5 pm
- Wednesday 9 am - 3 pm
- Thursday 9 am - 5 pm
- Friday 9 am - 3 pm
- Saturday 8 am - 1 pm
- Closed Sunday and Monday (Material is processed on Mondays.)
Yard Waste Accepted:
- Tree limbs and branches
- Flowers and garden vegetation
- No Stumps
- No Fence posts
- No Concrete, asphalt, or bricks
- No Cinder blocks
- No Patio blocks
- No Rocks and boulders
- No Wood pallets or Wooden boards
- No Railroad ties
- No Dead animals
- No Food scraps
- NO GARBAGE OR TRASH
- To practice appropriate Social Distancing, we will need to minimize interaction between employees and the public.
- A County employee will be posted at the entrance hut. Cars are to wait here until directed by the employee to move to a numbered unloading site. A photo will be taken of the vehicle registration, rather than obtaining a signature. The employee at the hut will log all materials entering and leaving the facility.
- Numbered Unloading & Loading Areas will be setup for unloading of brush and vegetative material, and the loading of compost and mulch.
- Unloading: 5 cars will be allowed in at a time for unloading. Staff will be unable to assist in unloading of the vehicles. Sites that are full of material will be cleared by an employee who will remain in a front wheel loader.
- Loading: Driver will be directed to a loading site and will remain in the car. Our employee will load the trailer or pickup. If only a small amount of compost or mulch is desired, driver will be directed to exit the vehicle to get their own material.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) will be located along entrance drive to provide additional information to the public.
For more information, please call (607) 739-3896.