Lime operates a dockless bikeshare system in the City of Elmira [starting 10/16/18]. Below are instructions for using the Lime app to access any of the 120 traditional and pedal-assist bicycles located throughout the city.
The bikes can be borrowed 24/7 by downloading the free Lime app on your smartphone (Android or iOS), and they cost $1 per ride of up to 30 mins. Plus, your first ride of up to 30 mins is always free.
HOW TO BEGIN
- Download the Lime app on your smartphone
- For iPhones, click here to go to the App Store
- For Android phones (ex. Samsung), click here to go to the Google Play Store
- For regular cellphones, click here for details on how to register for Lime Access
- Open the app and register using your phone number or Facebook profile
- Allow Location Services and, later on, Camera Access so you can find and scan the bikes
- Add a payment method, such as a credit or debit card
- You won't be charged for the first ride of up to 30 minutes
- If you can only pay by cash, call ECTC at 607-737-5510 to ask about Lime Access.
HOW TO RIDE
- Unlock a bike by hitting the big "Ride" button on the app and scanning the QR code behind the LimeBike you want
- Ride wherever you need to go: $1/ride of up to 30 mins
- You are encouraged to take one-way rides, no need to "bring back" the bike
- If you exceed 30 minutes, you will be charged $1 for every 30-min increment regardless of the number of promotional or free rides you may have
- Park the bike and lock it by sliding the wheel lock downwards
- Don't forget to lock the bike to end your trip!
- Park next to public bike racks, on the furniture zone of sidewalks (where parking meters or signage would be), or on tree lawns within the City of Elmira
- Park only next to public bike racks on school or university campuses.
MORE INFO TO COME SOON.
(Thank you to Lime and Bike Walk Tompkins for the information.)