ECTC Longe Range Plan
The Federal Government requires the Elmira Chemung Transportation Council to have a 20-year transportation plan and to update it every 5 years. The most recent plan was completed in December 2014. The plan:
Includes highways, roads, bridges, transit, freight issues, bicycling, trails and pedestrian services and facilities;
Sets forth the projects for the next 5 years and transportation program goals through 2035;
Discusses goals, issues, and limits on projected Federal funding.
ECTC LRTP Final Publication (3.17 MB)
How Does the Transportation Plan Impact Me?
As residents or businesses in the region, we all use the transportation facilities and services. In recent years, the ECTC members successfully implemented numerous projects that fulfill the goals of ECTC Long Range Plans. Examples of projects are:
• Conversion of NYS Route 17 to Interstate 86 Designation – throughout
Chemung County 2013
• Church Street Reconstruction –2013
• 17 New Buses Purchased for C TRAN Transit System with Bike Racks --
• Lackawanna Rail Trail completed in Elmira -- 2013
• 511 Southern Tier Rideshare (online carpool matching) begins – 2014
What About the Future?
See what projects are planned for the future. Click here.
In depth separate studies were done for
Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Trail 2035 Plan
Elmira Urbanized Area Freight Movement Study