Hanover Square Circulation Study
ECTC and the Village of Horseheads are working with Labella Associates on a Circulation Study for Hanover Square. The purpose of the study is to identify specific areas for mobility and safety improvements for all modes. The goals of this study align with the goals of the Village Comprehensive Plan to:
• Ensure a pedestrian-friendly environment that is central to maintaining a small Village scale and residential atmosphere;
• Enhance network connectivity, pedestrian movement, and ease of vehicular and bicycle mobility, by means consistent with preservation of the Village’s neighborhoods;
• Encourage improvement of the safety and accessibility of pedestrian and bicycle circulation systems;
• Increase the compatibility of all modes of transportation, specifically with pedestrians and bicyclists; and,
• Ensure future projects meet ADA and PROWAG requirements.
The deliverables for this study include:
1. Existing Conditions inventory
2. Needs and Opportunities Assessment
3. Hanover Square Circulation Study Current Draft
4. Recommendations and Final Report
5. Follow-On Activities
There will be a public meeting at the Horseheads Village Hall to show the findings and design options for the Square on July 9th from 4:30 to 7pm.
Please watch this page for information about future meetings and opportunities for public input. For immediate questions, please email email@example.com.