MOTOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR III
ELMIRA WATER BOARD
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Employees in this class perform recurring manual tasks in connection with the operation of moderately complex motor equipment. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the department supervisor or superior assigned. Incumbents are responsible for the safe, economical operation and care of their equipment on assigned tasks. Employees in this class may periodically inspect the work of subordinate laborers.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here.)
- Operates a dump truck during excavation and subsequent restoration of district streets. Process includes: hauling debris, delivering select fill per specifications, hauling cold and hot patch and other essential supplies required;
- Performs manual labor such as: ditch digging, flushing mains, blacktop application, loading/offloading trucks, street repair, and snow removal;
- Transports stone, gravel, fill, and other supplies;
- May supervise a small work group engaged in loading/offloading trucks and equipment;
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on equipment;
- Performs other related tasks as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Working knowledge of the operation of tractors, trucks and other heavy motor equipment; knowledge of the geography of the area; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; mechanical aptitude; industry; ability to work outside under adverse weather conditions; dependability; good physical condition.
Graduation from high school or possession of a general equivalency diploma and one (1) year of experience in the operation of heavy motor equipment.
Must possess and maintain a New York State Commercial Driver’s License Class B.
THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED CIVIL SERVICE APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO DENISE MULLANEY AT ELMIRA WATER BOARD NO LATER THAN MARCH 23rd AT 4:30PM
ATTN: DENISE MULLANEY
261 WEST WATER STREET
ELMIRA, NY 14901
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled