Clerk (2 Seasonal Positions):
To fill seasonal positions at Chemung County Buildings and Grounds, 217 Madison Ave., Elmira, NY and at Park Station Campground and Recreation Center 2W. Beaver Pond Road, Erin, NY.
Entry Level Salary: $13.77/hr.
Length of Employment: Varies through April 1 to October 31
Park Station - varies, up to 40 hours per week (weekends required)
Buildings and Grounds - varies, up to 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday) may be required to work other days and or hours as needed
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here.)
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries;
- Makes camping/pavilion reservations using an on-line program;
- Charges admission fee;
- Prepares routine reports from already assembled material;
- Sorts, indexes and files material alphabetically and numerically;
- Occasionally acts as a receptionist and/or switchboard operator;
- Procures, distributes and maintains stock of office supplies;
- Posts information to various types of records according to standard procedures;
- Computes and checks extensions on forms, compares forms for consistency, checks internal consistency of forms and numbers, stamps documents;
- Operates various office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment; knowledge of business arithmetic and English; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; ability to get along well with others; ability to write legibly; clerical aptitude; mental alertness; neatness of appearance; tact and courtesy; knowledge of typing; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Acceptable Training and Experience: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.
Those interested in this position must submit a completed county application (may include resume) on-line at: https://chemungcountyny.jotform.com/210315004607036 or to Lisa Sprague at the Buildings & Grounds Department, 217 Madison Avenue, Elmira, NY 14901, (607-737-2843) no later than April 1, 2021.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled