ACCOUNT CLERK – One (1) Permanent position in the Department of Social Services, Administrative Services Division. CSEA Grade 6. Entry Salary: B-1 Schedule-$16.85/hr. B-2 Schedule -$14.73/hr.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here:
- Posts to journal or ledger accounts from various original entry media;
- Receives remittances, verifies amounts, computes penalties and interest, issues receipts and posts to book of original entry;
- Compiles data for and prepares payroll;
- Verifies and reconciles account balances according to a prescribed procedure;
- Classifies receipts and expenditures and distributes costs according to prescribed code;
- Checks account keeping records for completeness, accuracy and proper extension;
- Compiles data for and helps in the preparation of simple financial and statistical reports;
- Meets the public and answers routine requests for information;
- Performs routine filing, clerical and account keeping tasks;
- Operates personal computer, copier, computing, calculating and other office machines.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good knowledge of modern methods of maintaining and checking financial accounts and records; good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment; good knowledge of business arithmetic and English; ability to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately; ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written directions; ability to get along well with others; a high degree of accuracy; initiative and resourcefulness; industry and dependability; some ability to type; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalence diploma and completion of a business certificate program that includes coursework in accounting; or
- Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalence diploma and one (1) year of clerical experience, which shall have involved maintaining and checking financial, accounts and records.
- Submission to a local law enforcement background check for all localities in which the new employee has resided, worked, or attended school for the past five (5) years prior to employment
- Submission to FBI fingerprinting
- Submission of new employee information through the E-Verify system to verify that the employee may be legally hired within the United States (USCIS Form I-9)
- Passing of a Physical and Drug screen
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Requires possession at time of appointment and maintenance throughout appointment of a valid Driver’s License.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A NON-BINDING LIST FOR THIS POSITION. CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT. PERMANENT APPOINTMENT IS CONTINGENT ON PARTICIPATION IN THE NEXT EXAMINATION AND ATTAINING REACHABLE STATUS ON THE ELIGIBLE LIST.
THOSE INTERESTED MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED COUNTY APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO AMY WAGNER, DEPT. OF SOCIAL SERVICES, PO BOX 588, ELMIRA, NY, 14902 NO LATER THAN MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2021 AT 4:30 PM.
see document here
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled