GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position involves professional functions in a social services agency in support of staff in implementing programs and delivery of services to clients. Under supervision, assists staff members and clients by performing supportive services relating to determining financial eligibility for the various programs administered by the local social services districts and the delivery of social services. Duties are carried out under less direct supervision and with greater latitude for exercising independent judgment than allowed a Community Services Aide. Does related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following work activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here:
- Provides information to individuals or groups concerning services offered by public and private agencies;
- Assists clients in completing necessary forms, obtaining eligibility information, proof of births, deaths and marriages;
- Acts as interpreter, if bilingual, to help clients and workers facilitate the intake process;
- May make home visits to follow up on broken appointments or gather routine information;
- Assists clients in areas of housing, employment, school attendance, recreation, money management, day care, transportation, escort, shopping, medical appointments and obtaining benefits;
- Assists in communication between agency, client and the community by clarifying agency programs to individuals and conveying community cultural patterns and attitudes to agency professional staff;
- Assists individuals in recognizing conditions contributing to social problems and in making efforts toward correcting these conditions;
- Completes all related paperwork as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard senior high school or possession of a general equivalency diploma.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid Driver's License at the time of appointment.
- Submission to a local law enforcement background check for all localities in which the new employee has resided, worked, or attended school for the past five (5) years prior to employment
- Submission to FBI fingerprinting
- Submission of new employee information through the E-Verify system to verify that the employee may be legally hired within the United States (USCIS Form I-9)
- Passing of a Physical and Drug screen
- SIU Check
THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED COUNTY APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO AMY WAGNER, DEPT. OF SOCIAL SERVICES, PO BOX 588, ELMIRA, NY 14902 or EMAIL AMY WAGNER to email@example.com OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled