September 9, 2021
COMMUNITY SERVICES AIDE – One (1) permanent position in the Department of Social Services, Temporary Assistance Division. CSEA Grade 2, Entry-Level Salary: $12.75/hr.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Under supervision, the Community Services Aide performs a variety of miscellaneous support duties related to the various programs administered by the social services department.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The following work activities serve as examples only and shall not be construed to limit the employee’s terms of employment. Under no circumstances shall an employee be limited to them.
- Performs specific non-technical assignments in connection with servicing clients or the public for the governmental agency to which assigned;
- Assists applicants/public in completing necessary forms and applications;
- Gathers routine data;
- Disseminates information about the assigned agency to the public;
- Facilitates processes by assisting clients and agency staff by completing a variety of non-technical tasks;
- May care for children or provide supervision for visits;
- Answers phones and greets the public;
- Acts as an internal messenger or courier;
- Operates a personal computer to key-in data entry.
- Performs duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good interpersonal communication skills; the ability to read and write in standard English; the ability to understand and follow instructions; sensitivity to the reactions of others; tact; judgment; emotional maturity; good physical condition; and good oral communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a general equivalency diploma.
- Submission to a local law enforcement background check for all localities in which the new employee has resided, worked, or attended school for the past five (5) years prior to employment
- Submission to FBI fingerprinting
- Submission of new employee information through the E-Verify system to verify that the employee may be legally hired within the United States (USCIS Form I-9)
- Passing of a Physical and Drug screen
- SIU Check
This is a noncompetitive Civil Service position.
THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED COUNTY APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO AMY WAGNER, DEPT. OF SOCIAL SERVICES, PO BOX 588, ELMIRA, NY 14902 or EMAIL AMY WAGNER to firstname.lastname@example.org OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled