September 9, 2021
Community Services Aides- One (1) per diem positions (no benefits) in the Department of Social Services, Temporary Assistance Division (HEAP Season). CSEA Grade 2; Entry-Level Salary: $12.75/hour.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The following activities are listed as examples only and in no event shall an employee be limited to only those examples listed here:
- Performs specific non-technical assignments in connection with servicing clients or the public for the governmental agency to which assigned;
- Assists applicants/public in completing necessary forms and applications;
- Gathers routine data;
- Disseminates information about the assigned agency to the public;
- Facilitates processes by assisting clients and agency staff by completing a variety of non-technical tasks;
- May care for children or provide supervision for visits;
- Answers phones and greets the public;
- Acts as an internal messenger or courier;
- Operates a personal computer to key-in data entry;
- Performs duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ability to create an effective bridge between the client and governmental agency’s staff; ability to understand and follow instructions; ability to read and write English; sensitivity to the reactions of others; tact; emotional maturity; good judgment; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a general equivalency diploma.
- Submission to a local law enforcement background check for all localities in which the new employee has resided, worked, or attended school for the past five (5) years prior to employment
- Submission to FBI fingerprinting
- Submission of new employee information through the E-Verify system to verify that the employee may be legally hired within the United States (USCIS Form I-9)
- Passing of a Physical and Drug screen
- SIU Check
This is a noncompetitive Civil Service position.
THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED COUNTY APPLICATION (MAY INCLUDE RESUME) TO AMY WAGNER, DEPT. OF SOCIAL SERVICES, PO BOX 588, ELMIRA, NY 14902 or EMAIL AMY WAGNER to email@example.com OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled