Spot-Summer is a ‘drop-in’ program; FREE of charge to teens 12-15 years of age that live in Chemung County.
SPOT runs Mon-Fri, 12:00 noon to 5:00pm, July 2–August 10 at three park sites:
Chapel Park-Pine City
Each park site has a Site Coordinator and 3-4 Adult Mentors, many of whom work the SPOT School program and have experience working with teens. Staff attend a two-day training and have CPR/First Aid certification.
Program supplies are housed at the parks so the kids have access to sporting equipment, board games, cards and art supplies each day. Off-site activities include swimming, bowling, golf, movies, arcade, cooking, sports tournaments and a special end of summer event.
1. Registration begins at noon on Monday, July 2 at each park site.
2. Early registration is available through our office at 737-2907.
3. Registrations are taken throughout the summer.
4. Proof of age and a parent signature is required on the registration.
5. SPOT participants sign in and out each day.
6. An activity calendar will be posted on ElmiraSpot.com
7. SPOT is closed Wednesday, July 4.
8. Transportation is always provided to off-site activities and events.
9. Free lunch each day through the Summer Food Service Program.
For more information, the Chemung County Youth Bureau at 737-2907
The Spot is a drop-in program. As such, teen participants of this program will be permitted to come and go from the program and events as they wish. Any participant who arrives at any and all activities associated with any Spot event certifies that he or she has no medical or physical conditions which would restrict their participation; and hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Chemung County Youth Bureau organizers, supervisors, participants and person’s transporting youth participants. Any medical expenses resulting from injury during any Spot event are the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian of the participant. In the event that Spot staff is unable to promptly locate either a parent or person designated to be notified in case of medical emergency, medical personnel may take such emergency measures as they deem appropriate and shall notify the parent or legal guardian as soon as possible. The Spot Program is not responsible for personal items of value brought to the program.