Live audio of all Legislative meetings will be available at chemungcountyny.gov under the Featured Links menu – Live Meetings and Video Archive. The meeting schedule can be found on the County Legislature home page which is accessible through the county’s website: www.chemungcountyny.gov
Please visit www.chemungcountyny.gov or https://chemung.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/ to view agendas and minutes as they become available. Thank you.
Subject to modification as guidance and conditions change (current as of 8/24/2020)
To remain in effect throughout duration of COVID-19 emergency affecting Chemung County, as declared by the Governor or County Executive
Legislative Meetings will be conducted, open to the public, adhering to the following guidelines:
- All meetings will be held in the Legislative Chamber area of the 5th Floor.
- All Legislators, legislative staff, invitees, media and public attending meetings will wear masks at all times, unless the Chairperson of the meeting deems 6-foot physical distancing achieved while seated, and announces that masks are not needed.
- Hand sanitization, disinfectant and masks will be available for public use.
- Restrooms will designated for public use and cleaned before and after the meeting.
- Restrooms will have cleaning supplies and signs directing the public to clean surfaces after each use.
- County officials will adhere to the “Reopening Safety Plan”, attached.
- Presence is limited to a total of 50 people, including up to 20 members of the public.
- 6-foot physical distance shall be encouraged at all times.
- Public will be notified by signage of COVID-19 symptoms; that they are subject to screening questions; and that they may not attend if they are experiencing symptoms.
- Public will be asked COVID-19 health screening questions, and shall provide name, address and phone number for contract-tracing purposes, should COVID-19 contract-tracing follow-up be necessary after the meeting.
- The Clerk of the Legislature will maintain all documents concerning health screening and contact tracing, and these records are not subject to FOIL.
- Public will be subject to security screening, as per established protocol.
- Elevator usage shall be limited to one person at a time.
- Hand sanitation will be available at locations easily accessible to the public.
- Pedestrian traffic will be directed to travel “one way” around the Chamber.
- Public seating will be limited to chairs that are spaced for social distancing.
- Public wishing to provide public comment will be asked to not touch the microphone.
- Media (if present) will be directed where to locate equipment and conduct interviews.
- Public is prohibited from entering all other areas of the Chamber, except those dedicated for public use.