|Office of the Executive
County of Chemung
203 Lake Street
P.O. Box 588
Elmira, New York 14902
(607) 737-0351 FAX
|Christopher J. Moss
|David J. Sheen
Deputy County Executive
This afternoon Chemung County Executive Christopher Moss released highlights of his 2022 Operating Budget and Capital Plan. The 2022 Operating Budget includes:
- 6.3% tax decrease
- 4% tax levy decrease
- 2.5% increase in the full value growth
- The 2022 Operating Budget is a 2.5% increase over 2021 and totals $209 million.
- 0% of fund balance is utilized in the Budget Proposal.
- Approximately $4.5 million of American Rescue Plan funds are outlined in the proposal.
- Full-time employees will remain flat.
You can see additional highlights of the County Executive’s 2022 Chemung County Budget Proposal at www.chemungcountyny.gov/budget.
Christopher J. Moss
Chemung County Executive