Where do I pay my bill?

The County is undergoing a substantial multi-year construction project to regionalize wastewater treatment at the Milton Street location. To ensure public safety, the Sewer District regrets that in-person payments cannot be accepted at the Administrative Offices on Milton St. until further notice, as we are currently undergoing significant construction. 

 The following methods will be accepted for payment: 

 Mail: Checks and money orders can be mailed to 600 Milton Street, Elmira, NY 14904 

Online: Credit card payments are accepted at https://Sewer.ChemungCountyNY.gov/ 

Drop Off: Dropbox for check and money order payment at Chemung County Treasurer’s Office:

                    320 E. Market Street, 

                    Elmira, NY 14901.

 Please include the bar-coded payment stub with your payment. Please do not leave cash in the DropBox.

Payments accepted by check, money order, or credit card with an additional fee. Check payments can be mailed to the Administrative Offices at the same address. No payments after October 31.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if my sewer backs up?
2. Where do I pay my bill?
3. Do you accept waste from RVs?
4. Where does the wastewater come from?
5. What happens to the wastewater after you treat it?
6. How clean is the treated wastewater?
7. Do you give tours of the wastewater plant?
8. How much wastewater is treated in a day?