Linda A. Forrest
The Chemung County Clerk's office is responsible for recording and filing a wide range of documents for clients residing within Chemung County. These documents include deeds, mortgages, federal tax liens, civil actions, Universal Commercial Codes (UCCs), judgments, lis pendens, and miscellaneous records. In addition, DBAs (Doing Business As), partnerships, Certificates of Incorporations, and military discharges are also filed here. The office processes over 1000 document pages daily.
The Clerk's office also does e-filing through New York State Court's electronic filing (NYSCEF) 7/2019 eRecording documents.
Most information is now available for retrieval on computers that reside in the County Clerk's Office for fast and convenient retrieval. Documents can be retrieved from the Landex website for a minimal fee. The following list shows the records that are available on the computer along with the year the information was computerized:
- Building Loan Contracts: 9/2000 to present
- Civil Records: 1994 to present
- Consolidated Liens: 7/2000 to present
- Corporations: 1994 to present
- DBAs: 1996 to present
- Deeds: July 31, 1967, to present
- Delinquent Taxes: 1998 to present
- Federal Tax Liens: All
- Judgments: 1992 to present
- Lis Pendens: 1998 to present
- Miscellaneous Records: 1992 to present
- Mortgages: 1970 to present
- Partnerships: 1996 to present
- UCCs: 1996 to present
Beginning in September of 2000, the Chemung County Clerk's office began scanning documents that it receives in the office. Convenience and accuracy for the abstractors and public alike. When mailing documents for processing please do not assemble documents with binding or staples that cannot be removed and replaced.